Before I took this course, All my memories of teaching math were trapped in my previous educational environment and the boring pure math learning experience of my undergraduate degree. So I can feel this course for me is a period to destroy and rebuild.
At the beginning of this course, I’m always listening to others' viewpoints and trying to learn the information and “operation mode” in the Canadian education environment. Besides, I’m slowly realizing and reflecting on my previous math learning experience based on the articles given by Susan. I learned about [what’s instrumental learning and relative learning], [what arbitrary and necessary are when we’re teaching math], [Math is art] and [thinking mathematically]. Those articles provide me with a lot of new thinking about teaching math and give me some ideas that I could take into my short practicum.
My favorite parts are the Math Art project, those math movies, activities and he poems(!!) which made me start thinking about how to make math related to art and make it interesting.
At the end of this course, I can feel that My mind is starting to be creative and critical. Also, I could apply those knowledge I learned in different courses and my practicum. I believe that I would always rethink and be affected by those knowledge during my long practicum and my future career.
No comments:
Post a Comment